MSWA Executive Committee (Current as of October 10, 2016-two year term)
- Chairman Keith “Watty” Watson
- Vice Chairman Henry Franklin
- Secretary Michael Malinowski
- Treasurer Craig Patterson
- General Counsel Akil Patterson
- Northern Region Don Ewing
- Eastern Region Mike “Clem” Clemens
- Central Region Tony Barnes
- Southern Region Jill Gabrielson
- Western Region John Brooks
- At Large Matt Malinowski
- At Large Akil Patterson
- At Large Haswell Franklin
- At Large Kramer Whitelaw
- At Large Dana Szkotnicki
There are a few minor changes this year. The girls team has grown so big that it now requires its own program. More details to follow HERE
The boys will continue down the Path leading up to Fargo, where the Cadet and Junior Nationals take place. All information is being periodically updated at the link below.
Great job by all wrestlers, coaches and parents and the hosts of the five MSWA qualifiers. Over 200 more wrestlers have participated in the qualifiers this year than last year! Thanks for the all of the support and interest to help make the MSWA Age-Wt Series a success. 490 different wrestlers qualified this year and 450 registered/advanced.
- Jan 8-Bullis School-top 3 advance (166 wrestlers)
- Jan 14-Leonardtown HS-top 3 advance (132 wrestlers)
- Jan 22-Urbana HS-top 3 advance (190 wrestlers)
- Jan 28-Aberdeen HS-top 3 advance (223 wrestlers)
- Feb 4-MSJ-top 4 advance (246 wrestlers)
- Feb 11-12-AGE-WT STATES at North County HS
FEB 11-12-AGE-WT STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS-North County High School 10 E 1st Ave, Glen Burnie, MD 21061
Our decision will not only be based on road conditions and forecasts, but also the hosting school’s snow policy. Most times, at least 12 hour notice from the start of the event (weigh-in) will be provided.
All updates will be on our website, facebook, twitter, and e-mail blasts from registration list and our mass e-mail marketing campaign.
We want everyone to be safe while traveling to and from our events. We do not wish to put anyone’s lives in jeopardy.
UPCOMING EVENT STATUS
Feb 5th-MSWA Future Champions at McDonogh-on as scheduled
Feb 5th-MSWA Girls Folkstyle State Championship at McDonogh-on as scheduled
Feb 11-12th-MSWA Age-Wt State Championships at North County HS-on as scheduled
Feb 26th-MSWA Future Champions Finale at Northeast HS (Pasadena)-on as scheduled
Mar 7th-MSWA Senior All Star Classic at McDaniel College (Westminster)-on as scheduled
Mar 7-MSWA All Academic Team Awards at McDaniel College (Westminster)-on as scheduled
Congratulations to all who represented the 2017 Maryland Mason Dixon Quad Team who squared off against National Teams from Pennsylvania and New Jersey (Virginia elected not to attend). In order of weight:
60 Tremaine Jackson, Kent
65 Morgon Corwine, Warhawks
70 Gage Owen, Maniacs
75 Conner Bollinger, Warhawks
80 Richard Fedalen, Warhawks
85 John Reho, Navy Jr.
90 Joey Couch, MSJ Titans
95 Paul Ognissanti, Warhawks
100 Lucas Ognissanti, Warhawks
105 Joseph Fisk, MSJ Titans
110 Carson Kist, Smyrna
115 Matthew Lawrence, Warhawks
120 Bradley David, MSJ Titans
130 Ian Ferguson, Urbana
140 Antonio Bradford, Warhawks
150 James Parana, Seahawks
165 Chase Schultz, Mt airy
Five qualifying tournaments plus State Championship Tournament returns for 2017.
All information may be found HERE
The MSWA is proud to present the 2016-17 Future Champions Series, events hosted across the state of Maryland for beginner and experienced wrestlers.
Wrestlers generally have 1-3 years under their belt and are grouped together with 4 closet in weight. Each will receive an attractive medal!
All information can be located HERE
approximately 11:45am after Campbell vs Clarion Dual
- Bri Csontos (VA) vs Shaina Murray (NJ)
- 122ish-Andrew Guttentag (B&O Outlaws) vs Esteban Matiella (Bandits)
- 88ish-Isaac Guttentag (B&O Outlaws) vs Duncan Christensen (Bandits)
- Tifanni McNelis (PA) vs Lisa McChesney (Northeast)
approximately 1:45pm after Campbell vs. AU Dual
- 77ish-Coleman Nogle (B&O Outlaws) vs Mekhi Neal (Rampage)
- 88ish-Grayson Wendel (B&O Outlaws) vs Sean Coughlin (Bandits)
- Heidi Richardson (Mt Airy) vs Ryan Ropella (VA)
It is an exciting time to be a female athlete in Maryland with inspirational Helen Maroulis (Rockville, MD) who just won an Olympic Gold Medal to go with her 2015 World Gold Medal. We kick off 2016-17 season with a free clinic and free entry into tournament on November 12 at Northeast HS (Pasadena, MD)The MSWA is in the third full season of organized women’s wrestling lead by Maryland Women’s Director Jani Palmer. Our girls membership grew by 56% last year! There are plenty of opportunities for girls to gain experience, training, competition, and funding toward national events.
Please read Jani’s LETTER HERE