2016 MSWA FALL FOLKSTYLE TOURNAMENTS
- Oct 2-Centennial Fall Kickoff at Centennial HS-REGISTER HERE
- *****Oct 8-FALL BRAWL CANCELED-sorry for the inconvenience
- Oct 15-Bel Air Open at Bel Air HS-REGISTER HERE
- Oct 23-Mike Tyler Memorial at Watkins Mill HS-REGISTER HERE
- Oct 30-Crush Cancer at St Johns College HS-REGISTER HERE; DONATE
- Nov 12-Matt Morrow Memorial at Northeast HS (Pasadena, MD)-REGISTER HERE
- Nov 12-FREE GIRLS CLINIC AT ABOVE TOURNAMENT-please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if interested (girls also receive free entry into tournament!)
After another successful summer with hundreds of wrestlers gaining valuable experience and training in the Olympic Styles, the MSWA is ready to shift gears into Fall Folkstyle. There will be 7 tournaments and 5 clinics this year. We are excited to provide a mix of competition and training to help all prepare for their upcoming seasons.
Madison weight system
Weight classes will be determined after weigh-ins
ONLINE FEE: $25; ONSITE FEE ADD $10-SAVE MONEY AND TIME BY REGISTERING ONLINE AT WWW.TRACKWRESTLING.COM AND SEARCH FOR “MSWA”
USAW MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED and may be purchased at www.usawmembership.com
Weigh Ins: 830am-9am; Technique/Rules Clinic: 9-10am;
Wrestling Begins: 10am-Conclusion
- KIDS-Born in 2005 through 2010 (Kids Divisions are groups ’05-’06, ’07-’08, ’09-’10; if no kids in group, may move up)
- SCHOOLBOYS- Born in 2003 or 2004
- CADETS-Born in 2001 or 2002
- JUNIORS- Born on or after September 1, 1997 and enrolled in High School 2016-17
- OPEN- Post High School-REQUIRES $50 USAW OPEN LICENSE MEMBERSHIP IF BORN BEFORE 8/31/1997
- Modified National High School Federation (NHSF); Tournament is double elimination.
- (Kids division MAY or MAY NOT be full Round Robins–based on total # of tournament entrants and time)
- MSWA Pairing system will be used and opponents will be determined by blind draw. Period Length 2-1-1
- Singlets are preferred but not required. Headgear is mandatory for ALL.
- Medals to top three in each weight. Trophy to “Most Falls/Least Time” in each age division in Folkstyle.
- Food and drinks will be available on site
- Minor fee charged at each events to help each host raise money for their programs
FOR QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT MSWAADMIN@GMAIL.COM or CALL 443.805.6792