The MSWA has hosted the Mason-Dixon Quad for over 20 years. This is one of the toughest dual meet tournaments in our region for middle-school wrestlers up to 14 years old. Though it only has four teams, the teams from Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Maryland have consistently been represented by great wrestlers. Many have gone on to high school and College All-American status. Mack Lewnes, Ryan Herwig, Todd Beckerman and Evan Silver are just some of the great wrestlers who have represented Maryland for this event. Some out-of-state standouts have been Brooks Black, the Alton brothers, the Greys, the Kindigs, Guzzo, Villalonga and more.
In recent history, 4 Mason Dixon Quad participants, Jordan Oliver, Frank Molinaro, Quentin Wright, and Bubba Jenkins went on to win multiple NCAA Championships and Maryland’s own Kyle Snyder participated and recently won the Olympic Gold Medal!
The 2017 event will be held on Sunday, January 8th at the McDonogh School in Owings Mills, MD, weigh-ins 8am wrestling to begin at 9am.
60-65 (born 2005 or later only)
14 years old and under as of December 31, 2016-NO HIGH SCHOOLERS
Weigh-Ins on site at 8am for all teams, wrestling begins at 9am (1lb allowance, eg 65lbs is 66lbs)
MARYLAND WRESTLERS ONLY-the following information below is how to make Team Maryland-Must have current/valid USA Wrestling Membership
WRESTLE OFFS WILL TAKE PLACE DEC 18 at Northeast High School in Pasadena, MD 1121 Duvall Highway, Pasadena, MD 21122
MUST REGISTER/PAY HERE
Registration closes Friday Dec 16, 9pm (no walk ins); once you make the team, cost is $50 (minus entry $10 wrestle off fee). This cost covers entry and gear package (below including bag, singlet, shirt, plus entry-what a deal!)
- 7am-730am weigh in for all weights-wrestle at 8am on 5 mats with MWOA officials (2lb allowance, eg 65lbs is 67lbs)
- weights will be seeded according to the rankings (see below)
- single elimination
- if only one wrestler registers at a weight for the wrestle off, that wrestler will secure the weight (will be informed the day before so that they do not have to travel)
- if no one registers at a weight for the wrestle off, coaches will accept interest after deadline and may offer wrestle off, but coaches make final decision
WRESTLE OFF RULES
- wrestler can only register/wrestle off at one (1) weight-once wrestler loses, wrestler is eliminated from wrestle off challenge
- receive 2lb allowance at wrestle off weigh in (receive 1lb allowance at actual event on Jan 8, eg 65lbs is 66lbs)
2017 MARYLAND TEAM GEAR, just $50 plus entry fee!
THE RANKINGS HERE- WILL ASSIST IN THE SEEDING IF MORE THAN 2 WRESTLERS REGISTERED FOR WRESTLE OFF-if you believe a wrestler should be ranked higher due to a recent result or a result that the ranker is not aware of, please contact the ranker through the forum.
*******Please refrain from negative and derogatory comments on the forum or they will be deleted and you will be banned.